Major Project #1: Dissertation (obviously)
My fabulous dissertation chairs and some brilliant friends have given me feedback on the chapters I've already drafted, and I've met with a Writing Center consultant to sketch chapter 3. My specific plan for chapters, then:
- May and June: Submit Chapters 3 & 4
- July and August: Submit Revisions of Chapters 1 & 2
- September: Submit a Draft of Chapter 5
- November and December: Revisions!
Major Project #2: IWCA Grant Project and Publication
On my way back from presenting at the WRAB conference last night, I learned that our application for an IWCA research grant had been approved. We'll be using the grant money to purchase 2 iPad minis to use during sessions in the Writing Center.
- March: Grant officially awarded at Cs; IRB application
- April and May: plan study; create surveys and informed consent procedures; expand literature review
- June and July: initial study period; collect data; preliminary analysis of results
- August: complete study; draft article to be submitted to Writing Center Journal
Smaller Projects
- Twitter and reflection: there's an argument to be made about networked/external reflection and the kerfuffle over Lisa Adams' writing about her cancer; I'm going to make it (hopefully well enough for someone to publish it).
- This is not an assignment (postpedagogy and new media writing)
- Grief and social media
No comments:
Post a Comment